A n n o u n c e m e n t s
- Please Vote :: 2014 Proposed CC&R Amendments!
It has been over twenty years since our attorney reviewed the CC&R’s. Within these twenty years many association laws have changed. Our attorney has recommended the majority of the proposed changes with the exception of a few the Board is recommending. We have attached a letter of explanation from our attorney, Max Merrill, that clarifies the need for the proposed changes.
The Board recommended proposed changes are correcting our property description, changing the title of Planning and Land Use Committee (PLURC) back to its original title of Architectural Review Committee (ARC), Article 6.4 special assessment amount, Article 7.3 Association members will have the option of increasing driveway flairs to protect road shoulders from damage and Article 7.4 to increase the minimum square footage of any new home.
- The Tollgate Property Owners Annual Meeting is just around the corner – Saturday,
August 2, 2014. The Homeowners Meeting begins at 10:00 AM in the Tollgate Rec Hall and is immediately followed by the Homeowners BBQ. Join "master chefs" - Ken Birkes and Chuck Fadeley as they fire up the grill with hamburgers and hot dogs! Please bring a potluck dish to share. Come meet your neighbors and enjoy the great company and delicious food.
- GREAT NEWS!! We are now a Firewise Community. Please keep track of the amount of yard debris you remove from your property and common area this fall through next summer as we will be sending you a survey to be forwarded to Firewise.
Ken Birkes, Tollgate's Maintenance Manager, was recently interviewed for a presentation to Oregon State University by Bruce Shindler, Oregon State University's Department of Forest Ecosystems and Society about Tollgate's efforts to be a Firewise Community. You can see Ken's interview here.
- Tollgate's participation in "Project Wildfire" was hailed by the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) as an "exceptional example" of a community's participation in the project. See the full story with photos!
- Our May 29th, Tollgate Litter Patrol was a HUGE success. Special thanks to Joe
and Connie Gunterman, Greg Brown, John Bauman, Jenny Zimmerman,
Greg Bowren, Bob Beckman, James McCready, Brad and Terry Thode, Steve
Gadd, Pat Rinehart and Ann Bremer. We would also like to thanks McDonald’s
for supplying our volunteers with Extra Value Meals.
The next scheduled Tollgate Litter/Road cleanup has yet to be determined. Check back for the next scheduled pick-up date. Come join your neighbors for a little clean fun as we beautify our section of highway into Sisters. You can make a difference!
- The next formal Board Meeting will beTuesday, October 28, 2014 in the Rec Hall beginning at 10:00 am. If you have an item you wish to have on the agenda, please fill out an Address the Board Form and return to the Tollgate Office by Tuesday, October 14, 2014. If you wish to serve on the Tollgate Board of Directors please review the Board Member Agreement and the Qualities and Responsibilities of Board Members. Click on link to download an application to serve on the Tollgate Board of Directors.
- If you have a suggestion on how the Board can enhance communication, act on your behalf or any other comment or concern, please fill out the downloadable Address the Board Form. Additionally, the following links will take you to the calendar indicating the dates of the board meetings and the yearly agenda items the Board reviews at its scheduled meetings. The entire letter and attachments from Board of Directors can be downloaded or viewed here.
- A new Property Owner Rental to Third Parties Policy was adopted at the October 24, 2011. If you are renting your property, please review the new rules.
- Tollgate continues to be featured in the news with awards and other news of interest. The links below take you to the featured article.
Tollgate Residents Work to Be Fire Free
Tollgate is a planned community outside the city of Sisters, Oregon. Located at the base of the Three Sisters Mountains in the high desert of Central Oregon, Tollgate consists of 440 half acre homesites. Tollgate is surrounded on all sides by National Forest land. Why the name Tollgate? A stagecoach road ran along the present site of Wagon Wheel, passing along a section of Lariat on its way over Cache Mountain. Tollgate was developed by Brooks Resources in the early 1970’s and on January 1, 1980, management was turned over to the Tollgate Property Owners
Amenities include a swimming pool, tennis court, basketball court, pedestrian/bike path, horse shoe pit and volleyball. There is also a Recreation Hall. The Recreation Hall can be rented for a $15 fee and a $150 refundable cleaning deposit. Tollgate also provides a common core area and common areas that allow easy access to the surrounding National Forest.
Tollgate is governed by a volunteer seven-member Board of Directors. Tollgate employs a Business Manager, Betty Fadeley, to carry out the business and other affairs of the community. The Business Manager receives instructions from the Board.The business office is located next to the Recreation Hall in the common core area. Newsletters and other informational publications are sent out quarterly.
The roads and common areas are maintained by our Maintenance Manager, Ken Birkes.
Fire protection insurance rating is a class 5/6. Sisters/Camp Sherman Fire Protection District has a sub-station located next to the tennis courts which houses two fire trucks. Fire hydrants were installed in 1996.
Our water source is from one well located near the recreation area and a second well located just outside Tollgate off Wagon Wheel road. Tollgate Water Company, a non-profit corporation, administers the water system. The Tollgate Water Company is governed by the same seven member Board as the Association.
We look forward to meeting you, please feel free to stop by the office for any additional information you might need.