(updated July 2015)
- SAVE THE DATE!! A Day In Celebration Of Our Community!! Tollgate Property Owners
Association and Tollgate Water Company Annual Meeting is just around the corner, Saturday,
August 1, 2015. Join in the celebration!! 10:00 a.m. attend the Annual Meetings in the
Recreational Hall, cast your vote and get an update on Tollgate Board news. 12:00 attend the
Community Picnic on the common green, enjoy the food, swim, play horseshoes and have a
pleasant day with your family and neighbors!! Hamburgers, hot dogs and service are furnished.
Please bring a salad or dessert.
- Swim season is here! A new pass system is being implemented for pool use. Click here to download the new Request for Pool Pass. Click here to review the new Swimming Pool Rules.
- At the Board Meeting of April 28, 2014 the Board passed the following “Feeding The Deer Ban Policy”: Current scientific data supports the fact that feeding native deer harms the deer population and attracts unwanted predators of deer to our neighborhood. Therefore, a person, who knowingly places, deposits, distributes, stores or scatters food, garbage or any other attractant so as to constitute a lure, attraction or enticement for deer, will be issued a written notification along with photo(s) of proof and will be required to remove the attractant within 48 hours of notification. If such person(s) does not remove the attractant within the required 48 hours they will be fined $50. Second offence for feeding the deer will incur a $50 fine, third offense $100, fourth offense $250 and any additional offense will be fined at the Boards discretion.
- It's time to get ready for Spring! Our next Adopt a Highway Litter Patrol pickup date will be Thursday, May 28, 2015. We will meet at 9:00 a.m. in the Rec Hall for a short ODOT orientation prior to starting. McDonald’s has, once again, donated one free Extra Value Meal to each volunteer – how generous!!!!!! Please volunteer a few hours of your time to the "Tollgate Litter Patrol."
- The Oregon Department of Forestry (ODF) recently issued a “Burning News Release” to TPOA. Please take the time to review the release and follow the fire safety tips it contains. Given the current warm, dry weather and the uncharacteristically dry fossil fuels for this time of year, it is very important that all TPOA homeowners and renters follow the ODF recommendations. Additionally, the Central Oregon Fire Chiefs Association recently issued a notice of the seasonal burning closure effective May 1, 2015. Click here to see the release
- The next formal Board Meeting will be Tuesday, October 27, 2015 in the Rec Hall beginning at 9:00 am. If you have an item you wish to have on the agenda, please fill out an Address the Board Form and return to the Tollgate Office by Tuesday, July 13, 2015. If you wish to serve on the Tollgate Board of Directors please review the Board Member Agreement and the Qualities and Responsibilities of Board Members. Click on link to download an application to serve on the Tollgate Board of Directors.
- GREAT NEWS!! We are now a Firewise Community. Please keep track of the amount of yard debris you remove from your property and common area this fall through next summer as we will be sending you a survey to be forwarded to Firewise.
- Ken Birkes, Tollgate's Maintenance Manager, was recently interviewed for a presentation to Oregon State University by Bruce Shindler, Oregon State University's Department of Forest Ecosystems and Society about Tollgate's efforts to be a Firewise Community. You can see Ken's interview here.
- Tollgate's participation in "Project Wildfire" was hailed by the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) as an "exceptional example" of a community's participation in the project. See the full story with photos!
- If you have a suggestion on how the Board can enhance communication, act on your behalf or any other comment or concern, please fill out the downloadable Address the Board Form. Additionally, the following links will take you to the calendar indicating the dates of the board meetings and the yearly agenda items the Board reviews at its scheduled meetings. The entire letter and attachments from Board of Directors can be downloaded or viewed here.
- A new Property Owner Rental to Third Parties Policy was adopted at the October 24, 2011. If you are renting your property, please review the new rules.
- Tollgate continues to be featured in the news with awards and other news of interest. The links below take you to the featured article.
Tollgate Residents Work to Be Fire Free
Tollgate is a planned community outside the city of Sisters, Oregon. Located at the base of the Three Sisters Mountains in the high desert of Central Oregon, Tollgate consists of 440 half acre homesites. Tollgate is surrounded on all sides by National Forest land. Why the name Tollgate? A stagecoach road ran along the present site of Wagon Wheel, passing along a section of Lariat on its way over Cache Mountain. Tollgate was developed by Brooks Resources in the early 1970’s and on January 1, 1980, management was turned over to the Tollgate Property Owners
Amenities include a swimming pool, tennis court, basketball court, pedestrian/bike path, horse shoe pit and volleyball. There is also a Recreation Hall. The Recreation Hall can be rented for a $15 fee and a $150 refundable cleaning deposit. Tollgate also provides a common core area and common areas that allow easy access to the surrounding National Forest.
Tollgate is governed by a volunteer seven-member Board of Directors. Tollgate employs a Business Manager, Betty Fadeley, to carry out the business and other affairs of the community. The Business Manager receives instructions from the Board.The business office is located next to the Recreation Hall in the common core area. Newsletters and other informational publications are sent out quarterly.
The roads and common areas are maintained by our Maintenance Manager, Ken Birkes.
Fire protection insurance rating is a class 5/6. Sisters/Camp Sherman Fire Protection District has a sub-station located next to the tennis courts which houses two fire trucks. Fire hydrants were installed in 1996.
Our water source is from one well located near the recreation area and a second well located just outside Tollgate off Wagon Wheel road. Tollgate Water Company, a non-profit corporation, administers the water system. The Tollgate Water Company is governed by the same seven member Board as the Association.
We look forward to meeting you, please feel free to stop by the office for any additional information you might need.