A n n o u n c e m e n t s
- At the Special Board Meeting of November 20 the opinions were counted for the USFS Sisters to Black Butte Trail. The measure received 183 yes votes and 79 no votes and 13 no opinion votes.
- GREAT NEWS!! We are now a Firewise Community. Please keep track of the amount of yard debris you remove from your property and common area this fall through next summer as we will be sending you a survey to be forwarded to Firewise.
- Tollgate's participation in "Project Wildfire" was hailed by the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) as an "exceptional example" of a community's participation in the project. See the full story with photos!
- As mentioned in the November Newsletter, the last litter patrol was a big success! The next scheduled Tollgate Litter/Road cleanup has yet to be determined. Check back for the next scheduled pick-up date.Come join your neighbors for a little clean fun as we beautify our section of highway into Sisters. You can make a difference!
- The next formal Board Meeting will be Tuesday, January 28, 2014 in the Rec Hall beginning at 9:00 am. If you have an item you wish to have on the agenda, please fill out an Address the Board Form and return to the Tollgate Office by January 13, 2014. Click on link to download an application to serve on the Tollgate Board of Directors.
- At our Board Meeting of January 23, 2012, we were asked to increase communication. A suggestion was made to send out a special Newsletter from the Board about upcoming Board Meeting agendas and meeting minutes. While we encourage property owners to attend Board Meetings it was also suggested that those who are unable to attend could email the Tollgate office with their comments, questions and concerns.
All Board Meeting Minutes are available on this website. Click here to veiw the most recent newsletter.
- If you have a suggestion on how the Board can enhance communication, act on your behalf or any other comment or concern, please fill out the downloadable Address the Board Form. Additionally, the following links will take you to the calendar indicating the dates of the board meetings and the yearly agenda items the Board reviews at its scheduled meetings. The entire letter and attachments from Board of Directors can be downloaded or viewed here.
- A new Property Owner Rental to Third Parties Policy was adopted at the October 24, 2011. If you are renting your property, please review the new rules.
- Tollgate continues to be featured in the news with awards and other news of interest. The links below take you to the featured article.
Tollgate Residents Work to Be Fire Free
Tollgate is a planned community outside the city of Sisters, Oregon. Located at the base of the Three Sisters Mountains in the high desert of Central Oregon, Tollgate consists of 440 half acre homesites. Tollgate is surrounded on all sides by National Forest land. Why the name Tollgate? A stagecoach road ran along the present site of Wagon Wheel, passing along a section of Lariat on its way over Cache Mountain. Tollgate was developed by Brooks Resources in the early 1970’s and on January 1, 1980, management was turned over to the Tollgate Property Owners
Amenities include a swimming pool, tennis court, basketball court, pedestrian/bike path, horse shoe pit and volleyball. There is also a Recreation Hall. The Recreation Hall can be rented for a $15 fee and a $150 refundable cleaning deposit. Tollgate also provides a common core area and common areas that allow easy access to the surrounding National Forest.
Tollgate is governed by a volunteer seven-member Board of Directors. Tollgate employs a Business Manager, Betty Fadeley, to carry out the business and other affairs of the community. The Business Manager receives instructions from the Board.The business office is located next to the Recreation Hall in the common core area. Newsletters and other informational publications are sent out quarterly.
The roads and common areas are maintained by our Maintenance Manager, Ken Birkes.
Fire protection insurance rating is a class 5/6. Sisters/Camp Sherman Fire Protection District has a sub-station located next to the tennis courts which houses two fire trucks. Fire hydrants were installed in 1996.
Our water source is from one well located near the recreation area and a second well located just outside Tollgate off Wagon Wheel road. Tollgate Water Company, a non-profit corporation, administers the water system. The Tollgate Water Company is governed by the same seven member Board as the Association.
We look forward to meeting you, please feel free to stop by the office for any additional information you might need.