(updated April 2015)
- Swim season is quickly approacing. A new pass system is being implemented for pool use. Click here to download the new Request for Pool Pass. Click here to review the new Swimming Pool Rules.
- The Oregon Department of Forestry (ODF) recently issued a “Burning News Release” to TPOA. Please take the time to review the release and follow the fire safety tips it contains. Given the current warm, dry weather and the uncharacteristically dry fossil fuels for this time of year, it is very important that all TPOA homeowners and renters follow the ODF recommendations. Additionally, the Central Oregon Fire Chiefs Association recently issued a notice of the seasonal burning closure effective May 1, 2015. Click here to see the release.
- The next formal Board Meeting will be Tuesday, April 28, 2015 in the Rec Hall beginning at 9:00 am. If you have an item you wish to have on the agenda, please fill out an Address the Board Form and return to the Tollgate Office by Tuesday, April 14, 2015. If you wish to serve on the Tollgate Board of Directors please review the Board Member Agreement and the Qualities and Responsibilities of Board Members. Click on link to download an application to serve on the Tollgate Board of Directors.
- It's time to get ready for Spring! Our next Adopt a Highway Litter Patrol pickup date will be Thursday, May 28, 2015. We will meet at 9:00 a.m. in the Rec Hall for a short ODOT orientation prior to starting. McDonald’s has, once again, donated one free Extra Value Meal to each volunteer – how generous!!!!!! Please volunteer a few hours of your time to the "Tollgate Litter Patrol."
- ANNUAL GARAGE SALE: The Annual Tollgate Garage Sale will be held 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., Friday, May 1 and Saturday, May 2. Ads will be placed in the Nugget, the Bulletin and Craig’s List. Place a Garage Sale sign in front of your property if you wish to participate. You can donate your clean left over items to the Sisters Habitat for Humanity Thrift Store or Cardiostart Resale and Thrift Store.
- GREAT NEWS!! We are now a Firewise Community. Please keep track of the amount of yard debris you remove from your property and common area this fall through next summer as we will be sending you a survey to be forwarded to Firewise.
- Ken Birkes, Tollgate's Maintenance Manager, was recently interviewed for a presentation to Oregon State University by Bruce Shindler, Oregon State University's Department of Forest Ecosystems and Society about Tollgate's efforts to be a Firewise Community. You can see Ken's interview here.
- Tollgate's participation in "Project Wildfire" was hailed by the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) as an "exceptional example" of a community's participation in the project. See the full story with photos!
- If you have a suggestion on how the Board can enhance communication, act on your behalf or any other comment or concern, please fill out the downloadable Address the Board Form. Additionally, the following links will take you to the calendar indicating the dates of the board meetings and the yearly agenda items the Board reviews at its scheduled meetings. The entire letter and attachments from Board of Directors can be downloaded or viewed here.
- A new Property Owner Rental to Third Parties Policy was adopted at the October 24, 2011. If you are renting your property, please review the new rules.
- Tollgate continues to be featured in the news with awards and other news of interest. The links below take you to the featured article.
Tollgate Residents Work to Be Fire Free
Tollgate is a planned community outside the city of Sisters, Oregon. Located at the base of the Three Sisters Mountains in the high desert of Central Oregon, Tollgate consists of 440 half acre homesites. Tollgate is surrounded on all sides by National Forest land. Why the name Tollgate? A stagecoach road ran along the present site of Wagon Wheel, passing along a section of Lariat on its way over Cache Mountain. Tollgate was developed by Brooks Resources in the early 1970’s and on January 1, 1980, management was turned over to the Tollgate Property Owners
Amenities include a swimming pool, tennis court, basketball court, pedestrian/bike path, horse shoe pit and volleyball. There is also a Recreation Hall. The Recreation Hall can be rented for a $15 fee and a $150 refundable cleaning deposit. Tollgate also provides a common core area and common areas that allow easy access to the surrounding National Forest.
Tollgate is governed by a volunteer seven-member Board of Directors. Tollgate employs a Business Manager, Betty Fadeley, to carry out the business and other affairs of the community. The Business Manager receives instructions from the Board.The business office is located next to the Recreation Hall in the common core area. Newsletters and other informational publications are sent out quarterly.
The roads and common areas are maintained by our Maintenance Manager, Ken Birkes.
Fire protection insurance rating is a class 5/6. Sisters/Camp Sherman Fire Protection District has a sub-station located next to the tennis courts which houses two fire trucks. Fire hydrants were installed in 1996.
Our water source is from one well located near the recreation area and a second well located just outside Tollgate off Wagon Wheel road. Tollgate Water Company, a non-profit corporation, administers the water system. The Tollgate Water Company is governed by the same seven member Board as the Association.
We look forward to meeting you, please feel free to stop by the office for any additional information you might need.